Fill out my online form.


The policy pays for direct physical loss or damage to covered property. The loss must occur at the premises listed and described on the declarations and must result from the occurrence of a covered cause of loss.


The insurance policy treats a building as more than just a single building. When a limit of insurance appears on the declarations, the structure described and any of the following are considered, treated and covered as building:

• Completed additions
• Fixtures
• Permanently installed machinery and equipment
• Personal property you own and used to service or
maintain the building or premises


The insurance policy treats personal property as more than just the contents of a building. When a limit of insurance appears on the declarations, the following are all considered, treated and covered as personal property if inside the building or outside and within 100 feet of the premises or in or on a vehicle:

• Furniture and fixtures
• Machinery, equipment and stock
• All other personal property you own and use for business
• Labor, materials or services you furnish or arrange
on the personal property of others
• If you are a tenant, your interest in any improvements
and betterments you make or acquire any leased
personal property you are contractually obligated
to insure


Certain types of property, such as the kinds listed below, are not usually eligible for coverage and are not covered. In many cases, coverage may be available elsewhere or under a different insurance policy or coverage form such as an Inland Marine Floater, Floor Plan or other type.

• Accounts, bills, currency, food stamps, evidences of debt, money, notes or securities
• Animals
• Automobiles held for sale
• Bridges, roadways, walks, patios or other paved surfaces
• Contraband or any property involved in illegal
transportation or trade
• Costs of excavations, grading, filling or backfilling
• Foundations below the basement or the surface of the
ground where there is no basement
• Land, water, growing crops or lawns
• Personal property while airborne or waterborne
• Bulkheads, pilings, piers, wharves or docks
• Property insured or covered under another coverage
form or policy
• Retaining walls not making up part of a covered building
• Underground pipes, flues or drains
• Electronic data
• Costs to research, replace or restore information on
valuable papers or records
• Vehicles or self-propelled machines licensed for use on
public roads or operated principally away from
the described premises
• Grain, hay, straw, crops, fences, radio or television
antennas and satellite dishes including lead-in wires,
masts, and towers, and trees, shrubs or plan


The property insurance contract can provide protection structured to respond to any physical loss (Open Peril Basis) --- that is not specifically excluded within the policy provisions. Unless otherwise stipulated, we do not cover losses caused by Flood, Wave wash, Earthquake and other. This broad coverage includes protection against most potential causes of financial loss such as:

· Fire Damage -Lighting Damage - Smoke Damage - Sprinkler System Leakage or Discharge; An Explosion; Damage Caused By The Weight Of Ice & Snow; Water Damage; Windstorm & Hail Damage; Theft Of Your Property; Damage Caused By Vehicles And Aircraft; Collapse Of The Structure; Freezing Of Your Plumbing; Vandalism & Malicious Mischief.

A Deductible for wind and separate one for all other perils will be subtracted from each claim as self-insurance. Higher deductibles reduce your insurance costs. Insurance is intended to protect you for catastrophe and not minor financial loss. We always recommend a deductible that you can afford and will advise you as to the best value for your premium dollar.

What Perils are NOT Covered: While this policy is very comprehensive, it does contain standard exclusions. Exclusions exist because an insurance company must protect itself against total catastrophe (war, nuclear disaster); because not all clients require certain expensive coverage (flood, earthquake, employee theft); because coverage for property is provided under other contracts (cars, aircraft, boats) or because the loss is not sudden and accidental, but rather in your control to avoid (wear & tear, marring, scratching, breakage, mold, mildew or continued leakage).

Basis of Claim Settlement:

Replacement Cost Basis: This means that any loss to your property will be settled on a “New for Old” basis without any deduction for depreciation -- providing that you elect to replace the damaged item.

Actual Cash Value: This means that any loss to your property will be settled based upon the cost to replace the item at today’s cost with a deduction for depreciation or obsolescence.

Co-Insurance: Your policy contains a clause that requires you to maintain an amount of protection that is equal to 80 or 90 percent of the basis of claim settlement (replacement cost or actual cash value) indicated above. Your failure to maintain this level of insurance can limit claim settlement - especially in partial losses.

Let us help you design your property protection to adequately meet your needs.